Polycystic kidney disease is an inherited condition causing clusters of cysts to form within the kidneys. This disease can cause the kidneys to enlarge and lose function over time and health complications like high blood pressure. Cysts are commonly non-cancerous round sacs filled with fluids but having too many or large cysts can damage the kidneys.
It is important to get immediate treatment for this disease as it is a serious condition that can get worse with time and even cause kidney failure. If you have any symptoms or are diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease then you need to visit the best kidney specialist doctor in Siliguri to get professional treatments, care, and expert medical advice.
Polycystic kidney disease can cause cysts to form anywhere in the body including the liver. It is a serious disease that is caused by a genetic mutation where a parent passes the disease to their children. In rare cases, genes can mutate and change at random causing this disease and it occurs equally in both men and women. Given below are some of the symptoms of this disease:
- Blood in the urine
- Kidney stones
- Kidney failure
- Kidney infections
- Increased size of the abdomen due to the kidneys
- Blood in the urine
- Side or back pain
Treatments of polycystic kidney disease provided by the best kidney hospital in Siliguri can vary depending on its severity and other health conditions the person has. Some of the common treatments of PKD are as follows:
- Blood Pressure Management – medicine, diet, and exercise are used to manage blood pressure and keep it in a safe range which helps lower risks of heart disease and stroke.
- Dialysis – is the process that is used to clean the blood which is used when the kidneys don’t function properly or kidney failure occurs.
- Healthy Lifestyle – adopting a healthy lifestyle is important to keep your kidneys as healthy as possible which can help fight declining kidney function and slow the growth of kidney cysts.
- Kidney Transplant – a transplant is a process to replace a kidney with a new one and it is needed when the polycystic kidney disease progresses to end-stage renal failure
- Pain Management – medications are used to manage pain caused by problems including kidney stones, burst cysts, and more and it is important to be careful as some medications can make kidney damage worse.
If you notice any lasting symptoms of polycystic kidney disease then you need to visit the best kidney specialist doctor in Siliguri. As a specialist can provide the best diagnosis and treatments against a range of kidney diseases and help you stay at the top of your health.