When kidneys are at a loss to remove the toxic elements from the body through urine it’s quite concerning. Kidneys filter the blood and significantly stabilize the fluid levels in your body. And if there comes an alteration in the function, the entire body faces its repercussions. To prevent such upshots here in this blog we’ll share a few tips, hope these will benefit your entire health.
See the best nephrologist in Siliguri at Kejriwal Nursing Home.
The Best Tips to Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
The damage to one body part can trigger the other organs in your body as well. Therefore, monitoring kidney health is of great importance. Make sure to follow the guidance, stated below.
- Embrace Stomach-Friendly Diet: Stomach-friendly diet? So have you ever thought about this specific? Sometimes, people hardly care what they’re eating, regardless of its toxicity. But you need to be sincere to your health.
Remember, foods that please your digestive tract are the healthiest ones. Simply put, you should go for a diet that is rich in fiber and remarkably low in cholesterol or sugar. For example, fruits, vegetables, whole grains are extremely beneficial for health.
- Manage Salt Intake: Even if the person is healthy, too much salt consumption is still bad for her/him. Especially people with mild to moderate kidney ailments must need to maintain salt intake as per the nephrologist’s guidance.
- Drink a Good Amount of Water: Neither too much nor too low! Drinking an adequate amount of water sets the parameter of a healthy life. Ask your specialist how much water consumption is ideal for your health.
- Weight Management: Since obesity is the risk factor for tons of health hazards, here you need to keep a healthy body weight. Keeping a healthy weight keeps hundreds of health problems at bay.
- Manage Blood Sugar & Pressure: High blood sugar and high blood pressure equally contribute to kidney failure. Both diabetes and high blood pressure increase the chance of heart disease and kidney damage. Do consult your doctor to control the levels of High BP and Diabetes.
- Perform Yoga/Exercise: Proper body movement is what you must inculcate in your everyday activities. Swimming, running, walking, it can be any that suits your body. Besides managing high BP, diabetes also helps reduce excess body fats. Plus, it lessens stress levels and corrects the hormonal imbalance.
- No Poor Health Habits: Smoking and alcohol consumption target your organs and damage them accordingly, sooner or later. These poor health habits must be expelled from one’s lifestyle to ensure his/her good health.
- Medical check-ups: You should not skip this part, as it helps doctors monitor your current health status. At the same time, if you’ve ever spotted any unusual symptoms or signs like-
- Painful urination
- Burning sensation while you urinate
- Frequent urination
- Abnormal urine colour, foamy urine
- Swelling in your legs, arms, abdomen, face, or swollen eyes