Enlargement of the prostate is named benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It happens when the cells of the prostate begin to augment. These additional cells cause your prostate to swell, which squeezes the urethra and limits the flow of urine. It can cause symptoms which will affect your quality of life. According to the best urologist in Siliguri, it is prevalent in men greater than 50 years.
Table of contents:
- Signs and Symptoms of Enlarged Prostate
- Causes of Enlarged Prostate
- Treatments for Enlarged Prostate
- Natural treatment
- Surgical treatments
Signs and Symptoms of Enlarged Prostate
The symptoms are often very mild initially, but they become more serious if they aren’t treated. Common symptoms include:
- Incomplete bladder emptying
- Nocturia, which is that the got to urinate two or more times per night
- Dribbling at the top of your urinary stream
- Incontinence, or leakage of urine
- Need to strain when urinating
- Weak urinary stream
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Slowed or delayed urinary stream
- Painful urination
- Blood within the urine
Talk to the best urologist in Siliguri if you've got any of those symptoms. They're treatable, and sometimes treating them can help prevent complications.
Causes of Enlarged Prostate
BPH is taken into account a traditional condition of male ageing, and lots of men older than 80 years have BPH symptoms. Although the precise cause is unknown, changes in male sex hormones that accompany ageing could also be an element. Any case history of prostate problems or any abnormalities together with your testicles may raise your risk of BPH.
Treatments for Enlarged Prostate
Treatment can begin with self-care. If symptoms don’t subside through self-care, medication or surgery could also be recommended. Your age and general health also will influence the prescribed treatment.
Natural treatment can include specific actions or lifestyle changes that you simply can make to assist relieve your symptoms. These include:
- Urinating as soon as you are feeling the urge
- Going to the toilet to urinate, even once you don’t feel the urge
- Avoiding over-the-counter decongestants, which may make it harder for the bladder to empty
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine, especially within the hours after dinner
- Exercising regularly, as a scarcity of exercise can aggravate your symptoms
- Learning and practising Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic muscles
When lifestyle changes aren’t enough to alleviate your symptoms, your doctor may recommend medication. There are several medications which will help to both treat the symptoms of BPH and BPH itself
There are different types of surgical procedures which will help treat BPH when medications aren't effective. Some procedures are either not invasive or minimally invasive and may often be wiped out of your doctor’s office or clinic.
- Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA): Radio waves are wont to scar and shrink prostate tissue.
- Transurethral microwave therapy (TUMT): Microwave energy is employed to eliminate prostate tissue.
- Water-induced thermotherapy (WIT): Heated water is employed to destroy excess prostate tissue.
- High-intensity focused ultrasonography (HIFU): Sonic energy is employed to eliminate excess prostate tissue
The conditions like Enlarged Prostate can cause further complications in the body. However, with early detection and diagnosis, it can be treated completely. Therefore, you must regularly get yourself evaluated for these reasons. Consult the best urologist in Siliguri in case of signs and symptoms.
Note: This is a medical blog outlining the awareness for proper treatment for the condition of enlarged prostate. Lookout for the signs and symptoms and consult doctor.