Diabetes is a common condition that refers to a group of diseases that affect the use of blood sugar by the body. Glucose is an extremely important source of energy as it is used by the cells of the body that make up muscles and tissues. This condition causes the body to have low insulin production or causes problems in the use of insulin which breaks down and moves the sugar from the blood to the cells to be stored.
Diabetes can lead to excess amounts of sugar in the blood which can cause serious health problems and other health-related disorders. If you are suffering from any type of symptoms of diabetes or the condition itself you need to visit the best hospital in Siliguri to get quality treatments with high-standard medical care and facilities.
Signs and symptoms of diabetes can depend on a few factors including its type, how high the blood sugar level is, and more. Some types of diabetes including gestational diabetes, type 2 diabetes, or prediabetes do not show any symptoms sometimes. Given below are some of the common symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes:
- Blurry vision
- Frequent urination
- Loss of weight
- Slow head sores
- Infections like gum, skin, vaginal and more
- Consistently tired and weak
- Feeling irritable
- Mood changes
- Feeling more thirsty than normal
- Presence of ketones in the urine
Treatments of diabetes provided by the best private hospital in Siliguri also depend on lots of factors including the type of diabetes and more. The most common treatments depending on a few factors are blood sugar monitoring, insulin, drugs, and more. Treatments that help manage all types of diabetes are as follows:
- Blood Sugar Monitoring – monitoring blood sugar levels with frequent checks using a glucose meter or others can help you manage your diabetes daily
- Oral Diabetes Medication – is the type of medicine that’s consumed from the mouth and is used to help manage sugar levels in people who still produce insulin while being diabetic
- Insulin – is used to manage type 1 diabetes and is done by injecting different types of synthetic insulin
- Diet – choosing a healthy diet and planning meals is important as food impacts blood sugar levels.
- Exercise – is important as physical activity can increase sensitivity to insulin
Diabetes is a common but extremely serious condition and anyone suffering from it is recommended to visit the best hospital in Siliguri. A good hospital can provide all the necessary care and facilities with expert counseling to treat diabetes and keep you healthy.