Kidneys are one of the most important organs in the body and they help filter fuel and waste out of your body. Kidneys are vital to your body as they get rid of waste products through urine, keep the electrolytes and the water contents of the body constant and release essential hormones.
Kidney diseases damage and lower the kidney's ability to clean your blood which can cause excess fluids and harmful waste to build up in the body which can later cause kidney failure. A good nursing home in Siliguri can provide special care and treatments for better-damaged kidneys.
Symptoms of kidney diseases can be subtle and can be hard to distinguish from other diseases. The only way to know for sure you have kidney disease is to get tested. Here are some of the common symptoms you may experience when you have kidney disease.
- Less energy
- Trouble concentrating on stuff
- Feeling tired or weak most of the time
- Dry and itchy skin
- Swelling of ankles and feet
- Poor eating habits
- Trouble Sleeping
- Frequent urination
- Blood in urine
- Muscle cramps
- Foamy urine
- Chest pain
- High blood pressure that’s difficult to maintain
Chronic kidney disease is a type of kidney disease that involves the gradual loss of kidney function. During this excessive fluids, electrolytes and waste materials start building up in your body. Chronic kidney disease can only show symptoms at later stages when it has progressed and become severe which can lead to the loss of kidney function.
Its treatment mainly focuses on slowing down the progress of kidney failure by controlling the cause. When left unchecked this disease can progress to its end stage which can result in kidney failure and can be very fatal if artificial filtering or a transplant is not performed.
You can reduce your risk of getting a kidney disease by doing a few things that can include:
- Maintaining a healthy weight and body – everyone knows how important it is to have a healthy body and maintaining a healthy weight by being physically active also helps in keeping the kidneys healthy
- Smoking – as it can damage your kidneys and make existing damage worse.
- Medication – when using non-prescription medicine like pain relievers or aspirin and others you should follow the instruction on the package.
- Regular visits – you need to annually get tests to check if you have any diseases and regularly visit the doctor for treatment if you do.
You can get the best diagnosis treatment and counseling for kidney diseases using a good nursing home in Siliguri. If you're suffering from any of the symptoms given above you need to quickly pay a visit to a doctor to understand what is causing these symptoms.