Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control and maybe a common problem. The sharpness varies from hardly dripping urine once you cough or sneeze to producing an urge to excrete that's so unexpected and potent you do not get to a restroom in time. Though it occurs more often as people grow old. It isn't an inevitable consequence of ageing. If enuresis affects your daily activities, don't hesitate to consult the best urologist in Siliguri.
Table of contents:
- Symptoms & Causes of Urinary Incontinence
- Treatment and Prevention
Symptoms & Causes of Urinary Incontinence
- Many people encounter random, minor drops of urine. Others may lose little to decreased urine more often.
- Urine leaks once you use stress on your bladder by coughing, sneezing, giggling, jogging or raising something massive.
- You have an immediate, strong urge to micturate followed by an automatic failure of urine. You'll get to urinate frequently, including completely the night-time.
- You undergo regular or continuous dribbling of urine thanks to a bladder that does not drain fully.
Special beverages, drinks and medicines may act as diuretics — exciting your bladder and developing your amount of urine. They include:
- Carbonated drinks and soda water
- Synthetic sweeteners
- Chilli peppers
- Foods that are great in seasoning, sugar or acid
- Heart and vital sign medications, sedatives, and muscle relaxants
- Large doses of vitamin C
It also can be a result of several conditions and disorders like UTI, menopause, pregnancy, neurological disorders, prostatic adenocarcinoma, age factor, etc.
When to see a doctor
You may feel uncomfortable discussing incontinence together with your doctor. But if incontinence is frequent or affects your quality of life, it is vital to consult the best urologist in Siliguri:
- Indicate a more serious underlying condition
- Cause you to limit your activities and limit your social interactions
- Increase the danger of falls in older adults as they rush to the restroom
Treatment and Prevention
Treatment for enuresis depends on the sort of incontinence, its severity and therefore the underlying cause. a mixture of treatments could also be needed. If an underlying ailment is making your signs, your doctor will first manage that condition. The methods of treatment can vary from medicines, surgery to interventions.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Practice pelvic floor exercises
- Avoid bladder annoyances, like caffeine, alcohol and acidic foods
- Eat more fibre, which may prevent constipation, an explanation for enuresis
- Don't smoke, or seek help to quit smoking
The best urologist in Siliguri is probably going to suggest the smallest number of invasive treatments first and advance to other options as long as these techniques fail.
Note: This is a medical blog elaborating all the aspects of urinary incontinence and why is it necessary to treat them immediately.